The Vision Companies https://www.myvisionco.com/wp-content/uploads/2021/01/JB-Square-200x200-1.png http://www.myvisionco.com http://www.myvisionco.com USD 19 22 HOUR true
Brooklyn Park, MN 55445 US
Posted: 04/18/2023 2023-04-18 2023-07-01 Industry: Industrial Job Number: CK5512956130 Pay Rate: $19-22 / hour
|Job Title:||General Maintenance Mechanic|
|Job Type:||LT Temp|
|Location:||Brooklyn Park, MN|
|Shift/Hours:||All Shifts(1st/2nd/3rd Shift)|
|Career Level:||One year related classes in trade school OR 2 years maintenance exp preferred|
|Company Info:||Our client is a Fortune 100 Company seeking highly driven employees who are safety, quality and career-minded. Be one of the employees who take pride in manufacturing road paving and construction equipment.|
|Description:||The purpose of this job is to safely maintain the building and grounds and to assist the building maintenance team members in the completion of their tasks as needed.|
1. Responsible for putting safety first with an aspirational goal to prevent all injuries, occupational illnesses and safety incidents.
2. Perform simple repairs and preventative maintenance on production and building equipment and systems at multiple facilities. This includes mechanical repairs on hand tools, pumps, fixtures, cranes and other mechanical equipment.
3. Assist other mechanics in building and equipment maintenance
4. Perform maintenance to maintain building and yard including snow removal, plumbing, welding, etc.
5. Operate equipment including forklift, man lift, maintenance truck, snow plow truck, etc.
6. Coordinate and prioritize work to meet production schedules.
7. Daily prioritize and confirm work orders using electronic maintenance system.
8. Work and interact effectively in a team environment in alignment with our code of conduct and values in action.
9. Support team People, Quality, Velocity and Cost (PQVC) initiatives and daily activities.
10. May work various shift and workday schedules to meet customer and team needs
11. Works inside and outside and in various weather conditions
12. Work with limited supervision
|Requirements:||1. Experience in repair and preventative building and production equipment maintenance, including concrete work, carpentry, plumbing, roof repair, yard and parking lot maintenance, painting, snow removal, etc.|
2. Operate hand tools, lathe, drill press, air tools, sweeper, forklifts, and drivable man-lifts
3. Ability to perform welding, pipe fitting, carpentry and electrical duties
4. Ability to utilize computers for maintenance transactions
5. Crane equipment experience
6. Previous exposure in a team environment
7. Ability to read electrical and hydraulic prints
8. Experience operating equipment including forklift, man lift, snow plow truck, sweeper, and skid loader.
|Physical Requirements:||1. Operate equipment including forklift, man lift, maintenance truck, snow plow truck|
2. Noise levels of 85db or greater
3. Operate overhead cranes, jib cranes and hoists
4. Lift up to 35lbs frequently
5. Work at multiple heights
6. Climb on equipment, machines, ladders, man lifts and various step stools
7. Stand for a minimum of 8 hour shifts with minimal breaks
8. Work various shifts and workday schedules including nights and weekends
9. Work in environment with frequently changing temperatures and all weather conditions
10. Exposure to magnets that may impact medical devices
11. Kneel, squat, and crawl on knees
12. Work in awkward positions, including forward reach, lateral reach, squat, overhead reaching, twisting and forward head and rotation of neck.
13. Work in tight spaces
14. Repetitive grasping, pushing, pulling rotating
15. Use of fine motor skills
16. Use of maintenance hand tools
17. Required Personal Protective Equipment: hearing protection, safety glasses, steel toed/metatarsal foot gear, and protective clothing and equipment including shock resistant gloves, fall restraint harnesses, jackets, chaps, helmet, grinding shield, etc.