Custodian / Janitorial
Chaska, MN 55318 US
Custodian / Janitorial
Temp to Hire
2nd Shift 2:45 PM to 11:15 PM
Two years of custodial experience
High School Diploma or Equivalent
$20 per hour
We challenge employees and present them with career opportunities with some of the most successful businesses in the area. Our employees' occupational goals, skills, and background experience are represented truthfully and marketed to match the hiring needs of small-,mid-sized, and Fortune 300 companies. Benefits include; paid time off, paid holidays, health insurance (medical, dental, vision), term life insurance, short term disability benefits, 401K, competitive wages, pay increases and bonuses based on performance. We also have safety and employee referral bonuses, and gift giveaways throughout the year. Plus an amazing team of recruiters to support and advocate for you!
The Building and Grounds Department is responsible for maintaining a clean and safe environment for all. Our team provides daily support to maintain building systems and structures, service the grounds, provide custodial services, oversee construction and renovation projects, maintain compliance with building and fire codes, safety and environmental regulations, oversee security and fire alarm systems in all buildings.
Under general supervision, perform cleaning tasks and operation of various types of cleaning equipment to care for and maintain assigned buildings and related facilities.
• Performs regular custodial duties such as mopping, sweeping, dumping trash, cleaning glass, vacuuming, cleaning restrooms, changing light bulbs etc.
• May be utilized to fill in at other locations if needed
• Locks and un-locks doors in building according to scheduled activities
• Set-up and clean-up for special events
• Shovels snow and / or removes ice as required
• Performs exterior cleaning duties such as sweeping sidewalks, picking trash etc.
• Moves furniture and equipment as needed
• Responds to the needs of building occupants and users
• Performs non-major repairs to building systems and equipment
• Performs basic preventative maintenance on building equipment
• Ability to recognize hazards and take safety precautions to eliminate
• Electrical – Licensed Unlicensed Certification (Preferred not required
• State of Minnesota Boilers License (Preferred not required)
• Ability to lift 75+ lbs. occasionally
• Able to follow oral and written directions
• Able to stand and walk consistently throughout the workday