Must be pursuing a bachelor’s degree in training and development, organizational development, organizational leadership, organizational psychology, instructional design, human resources (emphasize on learning), education or psychology
The primary responsibilities will involve collaborating with the employee engagement and development team to assist with the development and implementation of employee events, learning and development programs, and other initiatives, all of which support Great River Energy’s strong values-based culture.
Training and development: Assist with the coordination, design, development, delivery and tracking of engaging learning programs, including onboarding training, technical skills training, and other targeted learning initiatives that support Great River Energy’s training strategy.
- Assist with coordinating and co-facilitating the onboarding of new employees at our new employee orientation. This will include organizing speakers and power point presentations; sending meeting invites; planning an icebreaker and team building activity; ordering gifts and catering.
- Demonstrate knowledge and utilize training tools (such as PowerPoint, Articulate 360, Articulate Rise) to create and edit training content.
- Audit eLearning content and create libraries in the learning management system by topic.
- Serve as site owner of the Teams and SharePoint training sites. This may include posting documents; creating folders; posting assignments within the Chat function; adding new members; monitoring for questions or issues.
- Coordinate a learning event from start to finish in our learning management system. Track participant attendance, run reports, close classes and ensure participant records are up to date after class completion.
- Provide technical support of WebEx trainings. This may include starting meetings early; loading power points, videos or polls; setting up whiteboards; launching breakout sessions; operating WebEx as a host or co-facilitator; monitoring the chat feature; and advancing the slide deck.
- Coordinate training courses. This may include printing, ordering and mailing course materials; communicating with participants; answering scheduling questions; sending course evaluations; creating certificates of completion; running reports; reviewing materials for accuracy; ordering food, etc.
- Develop standardized online training evaluation. Maintain accurate records of training activities, attendance, and other relevant metrics to track the impact and effectiveness of learning programs.
- Run various reports at regular intervals, analyze and effectively communicate findings to leadership; develop a learning aid on how to access training reports.
Employee engagement: Develop and coordinate inclusive employee engagement initiatives, events and activities across the organization that inspire, engage, and deepen the commitment to our organization’s culture and enhance the employee experience centered around in-person/hybrid events.
- Organize, coordinate and implement one dynamic employee engagement activity and one employee volunteer event from start to finish.
- Participate in Great River Energy’s pollinator strong event and develop innovative ideas to engage employees in the event.
- Coordinate scheduling, planning and promotion of an onsite employee blood drive.
- Actively participate in employee events and at least one employee resource group.
Must be pursuing a bachelor’s degree in training and development, organizational development, organizational leadership, organizational psychology, instructional design, human resources (emphasize on learning), education or psychology.
- Knowledge of instructional design principles and concepts, including adult learning theory, evidence-based training practices, and training design & development models (ADDIE, etc.)
- Desire to learn about a Learning Management System (LMS).
- Ability to learn to develop eLearning courses using authoring software such as Articulate 360 and Articulate Rise.
- Some project management and event coordination experience.
- Able to perform effectively with limited supervision across internal and external departments, maintaining a high standard of professionalism and integrity.
- Strong organizational, communication, and people skills are essential to this position. Ability to speak in front of groups.
- Strong basic office computer skills (Microsoft applications such as Word, Excel and PowerPoint). Knowledge of WebEx meetings.
- Requires attention to detail, creativity to plan, prioritize and meet timelines on a consistent basis.
- Maintain confidential information.
- Ability to build collaborative relationships at all levels.