Fabrication Welder Supervisor - 2nds Shift
Brooklyn Center, MN 55430 US
|Job Title:||Fabrication Welder Supervisor|
|Job Type:||Long Term/ Temp to Hire|
|Shift/Hours:||2nd Shift M-TH 2pm-12am (2-20 min paid breaks)|
Ability to train on 1st shift for the first month or so: 1st Shift M-F 6am-2pm (2-20 min paid breaks)
|Career Level:||5+ years of experience|
|Education:||High School Diploma/GED|
|Description:||Our client is looking for an experienced metal fabrication welder to lead a team of welders. This person will spend 80% of their time setting up their teams weld stations to ensure they have the correct materials and blue prints. This supervisor also needs to be able to teach, mentor and give feedback to their team of welders that are less experienced in a positive, clear manner. The remaining 20% of the time this person will be welding. The right person should be an experienced welder (Mig, Tig, Robotics, welding with Aluminum)who has great communication and leadership skills, is dependable, hardworking, and have attention to details for quality workmanship.|
1. Set up weld stations appropriately for weld team.
2. Ability to clearly and positively communicate weld jobs and feedback to team
3. Operate safety equipment and use safe work habits.
4. Weld components in flat, vertical, or overhead positions.
5. Clamp, hold, tack-weld, heat-bend, grind or bolt component parts to obtain required configurations and positions for welding.
6. Detect faulty operation of equipment or defective materials and notify supervisors.
7. Operate welding equipment to fuse metal segments, using processes such as gas tungsten arc (Tig Welding), gas metal arc (Mig Welding), stick welding or resistance spot welding. Processes include stainless for food grade, aluminum and carbon steels.
8. Monitor the fitting, burning, and welding processes to avoid overheating of parts or warping, shrinking, distortion, or expansion of material.
9. Examine work pieces for defects and measure work pieces with straightedges or templates to ensure conformance with specifications.
10. Recognize, set up, and operate hand and power tools common to the welding trade, such as shielded metal arc and gas metal arc welding equipment.
11. Lay out, position, align, and secure parts and assemblies prior to assembly, using straightedges, combination squares, calipers, and rulers.
12. Position, align, fit, and weld parts to form complete units or subunits, following blueprints and layout specifications, and using jigs, welding torches, and hand tools.
13. Verify conformance of work pieces to specifications, using squares, rulers, and measuring tapes.
14. Lay out and examine metal stock or work pieces to be processed to ensure that specifications are met.
15. Align and fit parts according to specifications, using jacks, turnbuckles, wedges, drift pins, pry bars, and hammers.
16. Locate and mark work piece bending and cutting lines, allowing for stock thickness, machine and welding shrinkage, and other component specifications.
17. Position or tighten braces, jacks, clamps, ropes, or bolt straps, or bolt parts in position for welding or riveting.
18. Study engineering drawings and blueprints to determine materials requirements and task sequences.
19. Move parts into position, manually or with hoists or cranes.
|Requirements:||1. High School Diploma/GED or 3 to 5 years of related experience and/or training or equivalent combination of education and experience Welding Certificate preferred|
2. Attention to detail and the willingness to take direction from others
3. Ability to positively and clearly communicate to others as a leader
3. Access to reliable transportation, history of good punctuality and attendance
4. Read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating & maintenance instructions and manuals
5. Write routine reports and correspondence
6. Speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of the organization
7. Add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals; and compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
8. Successful completion of the following tests administered by customer: Tape Measure Reading, Math (including fractions), Welding and Blue Print Reading, and FAB
|Physical Requirements:||1. Lift and carry a minimum of 70lbs|
2. Stand/bend for a full 8-hour shift