Machine Operator - Punch Press
Brooklyn Park, MN 55445 US
Punch Press Operator
Temp to Hire
1st Shift 6:00 am-4:30 pm Monday – Thursday
2nd Shift 4:00 pm-2:30 am Monday – Thursday
Weekend Shift 6:00 am-6:30 pm Friday/Saturday/Sunday
1 year of verifiable manufacturing experience (willing to train with this requirement)
High School Degree or equivalent or previous related work experience
$20-1st shift $21.50–2nd shift Weekend-$23/hr DOQ
1. Operate machines or assembly equipment to make parts or products
2. Final packaging of products for shipment.
3. Serve on special project teams (Kaizen, 5S etc.).
4. Measure and visually inspect products for surface and dimension defects in order to ensure conformance to specifications, using precision measuring instruments
5. Position and secure inserts, hand loads and work pieces on machines.
6. Read work orders, work instructions, formulas, or processing charts.
7. File, deburr, sand, grind, or polish metal or plastic objects.
8. Maintain production documentation.
9. Fill in appropriate information on labels and associated documentation needed on products when necessary
10. Perform re-work duties as assigned.
1. Knowledge of production processes, quality control, costs, and other techniques for maximizing the effective manufacture and distribution of goods.
2. Knowledge of machines and tools, including their designs and uses: Punch Presses, drill presses, tapping machines, spot-welders, PEM insertion machines, hand drill, pallet jacks, weigh scales
3. Knowledge of inspection equipment including the use of: Micrometer, caliper, dial indicator, height gage, protractor
4. Knowledge of basic math and their applications.
5. Controlling operations of equipment or systems.
6. Giving full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions as appropriate, and not interrupting at inappropriate times.
7. Monitoring/Assessing performance of yourself, other individuals, or organizations to make improvements or take corrective action.
8. Solid work history
1. Able to push, pull, lift, twist, turn, bend, stoop, kneel, grasp, and specific vision abilities required are close vision and color vision.
2. Must be able to frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 35 pounds.